Christian Rodriguez (Montevideo, Uruguay) explores themes related to gender and identity, working with communities all over the world. Currently, he is developing two main longterm projects: "Teen Mom," about teenage pregnancy in Latin America, and a personal project on Magical Realism, the Latin American literary trend. His work has been exhibited in festivals to over the world such as GetxoPhoto, PhotoEspaña, Paraty Em Foco, Photo Phnom Penh Festival, Bristol Photobook, Photoville and the "Biennial of Photography" of the "Centro de la Imagen" (Mexico); And has been published internationally, including National Geographic Magazine, American Scientist, Nature Conservancy Magazine, The New York Times, The Guardian, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, El Mundo and others. In addition to his work as photographer he is creator and director of International Photo festival in Uruguay. He has been awarded the Roberto Villagraz Scholarship of EFTI (Spain), New Talent Fnac (Spain), Ojo de Pez for Human Rights First Prize (Spain) and Getty Instagram Grant 2016 among others. Rodriguez gives workshops and lectures in Latin America and Europe.
- 2017 TEDGlobal Fellow
- 2016 Winner Getty Instagram Grant
- 2016 Shortlisted Photobook Bristol, MOTOBAIK, UK
- 2015 1st Prize PHE OjodePez Award for Human Values, Spain
- 2015 1st Prize Festival Llamale H, Uruguay
- 2015 Trasantlántica PHOTOESPAÑA Multimedia Prize, Spain
- 2015 1st PrizePOY Latam “Women in Society”
- 2015 3rd Prize in PMH
- 2015 The New York Times portfolio review, New York, US
- 2013 FNAC Photography new talent , Spain
- 2017 La Quatrième Image, Paris, France.
- 2016 Ciudades Visibles, Habitat III, CCM, Quito, Ecuador.
- 2016 Photoville, New York City, US.
- 2016 New Photographic storytelling, Madrid, Spain.
- 2016 “Nous relats fotogràfics” Arts Santa Mónica, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2016 A Mixe Flower, PhotoEspaña (solo exhibition)
- 2015 Encontros da Imagen, Open Call , Portugal
- 2015 “Motobaik”, Trips, GETXOPHOTO Curated by C. Caujolle, Spain
- 2015 “Latinoamérica es un pueblo al sur de EEUU” PHE15, Casa de América, Spain
- 2015 Centro de la Imagen, XVI Bienal de Fotografía, Mexico
- 2014 Xiec, FNAC Spain (solo exhibition)
- 2013 Xiec, FNAC Spain (solo exhibition)
- 2010 Sau, EFTI, Madrid Spain (solo exhibition)
- 2016 MOTOBAIK, Vibrant Editora, Brasil
- 2015 Pequeños Formatos, Editora Madalena, Brasil
- 2014 #SELFIE Vibrant Editora Madrid-,São Paulo Brasil
- 2016 Gabriel García Márquez Festival, Medellín, Colombia.
- 2016 Arts Santa Mónica, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2016 Mirar Distinto Photo Festival, Veracruz, Mexico.
- 2016 FLUZ, Quito, Ecuador
- 2016 CROMA, Bogotá, Calí, Medellín, Colombia
- 2015 Gallery 44, Toronto, Canada
- 2015 Masterclass in EFTI, Madrid, Spain
- 2015 Madalena Centro de Estudios, São Paulo, Brasil
- 2015 ADM, Mexico City, Mexico